3.07.2011

F you.

Holden has only officially been evaluated once by the public school system - which was shortly before he turned 3 years old. Since he will be 6 on April 10th, and since it has been 3 years since the last eval, they have done another one. Over the past 2 weeks, they have sent home all of the evaluation results separately. I always have a white envelope with "The parent of Holden Block" on the outside. Friday, they sent home a pretty comprehensive one, detailing his IQ level, etc. His Nonverbal IQ is 93, Verbal IQ is 59, for a Full Scale IQ of 75. I know it's a large descrepency between the Nonverbal and Verbal - but, hey, he has communication problems, so, of course it is. Also on Friday, I got the notice for his IEP meeting, which is this Wednesday, March 9th @ 8:30am. Joy.

Today when I dropped him off, his aide handed me yet another white envelope. This one showed another evaluation and its results. The results of this one? That my almost 6 year old is at a 3 year, 1 month level in development.

F you, Monday. F you, this week, actually. And F you, Autism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read much of your blog and it's clear to me the professionals are clueless! No way that those results are accurate. You know that, too. And thanks for all of the info on your blog. It's been a huge help and has given me ideas to discuss with our DAN doctor.