2.23.2006

Musical Beds

Apparently, it's a new 'game' we play at our house. Or, at least we were all playing last night. It goes a little something like this:

At 7pm last night, I rocked Holden to sleep. Normal? Yes. He went down in his bed. Meanwhile in our bedroom, Zoe laid (and eventually fell asleep) on our bed while Dietrich played a computer game. She likes watching him play. Still pretty normal. At 10pm, Dietrich carries Zoe to her bed. 10:30pm, I'm exhausted. I go to bed, with Dietrich, in our bed. 11:30pm - Dietrich can't sleep, so he decides to go sleep on the spare bed in Holden's room. At which time, Holden decides he wants to wake up and scream until I put him in bed with me. I do. 1.5 hours later, Holden wets his diaper to the point that he needs his clothes changed (and the diaper, of course). So, I get up, take care of that, and go back to bed. In hopes of finally sleeping. 2am - Zoe wakes me up because she's not feeling well and can't sleep. She's wheezing, so I get up, give her 2 puffs of her 'puffer', and put her back to bed (her bed). 30 minutes later, she's back in my room - STILL can't sleep. So, I put her on the couch to see if she can finally get comfortable enough to sleep. 30 minutes later, she's back in my room - can't sleep. Scared cause it's dark in the living room. SO, I pick up Holden and put him back in his bed, so that she'll have room in MY bed. She gets in bed with me. At which time, I lay there for an hour trying to fall asleep and figure out if I've even been asleep yet. At 3:45am, Bella (the dog) decides she'd now like to sleep in my bed, instead of the spare bed with Dietrich. So, she wakes me up trying to get comfortable next to me. At 5am, I lay there, eyes wide open. I decided to just get up and started doing a bit of research online about asthma and allergies. Trying to find a remedy for Zoe's sleepless-ness due to coughing, wheezing, etc. Amazed that Holden is still actually asleep, at 6am I get back in bed with Zoe to try and get an hour sleep before I have to wake her up and get her ready for school. At 6:05am, Holden cries. I go get him.

And there you have it, folks. Eventually, I woke Zoe up for school. Dietrich woke up for work. We started our day, and we're still going. I don't know how, but I'm still going.

So, I'm thinking we should apply for a patent for our new 'game' - Musical Beds. Afterall, we're experts at it. If we can talk the olympic committee into recognizing it as a sport, we would all hold gold medals! I figure if curling can be an olympic sport, why can't musical beds?

No comments: