5.07.2009

downer

I haven't felt much like posting lately, which is why there's no updates since 4/24. The past week - 2 weeks has been challenging. Holden's symptoms have gradually gotten worse over that period of time. As of yesterday afternoon, he's extremely defiant, angry, looks as though he hasn't slept in a week (even though he IS sleeping), quiet, unhappy, unable to focus, and has lost a lot of eye contact. I am praying this "regression" doesn't last too long. I have a couple of theories as to why this one's happening, but then again, I could be wrong. This may just be another "healing regression" that he will come out of on his own. It's just that this one's lasted longer than the one's previously. Yesterday afternoon, I "fought" with him for hours because he would climb up on the arm of the couch and jump off. Might not sound too bad, and kind of "typical" for his age ... but we have a tile floor. And he wasn't bending his knees to brace himself for the "fall" - he would stiffen up his legs and I was so scared he was going to break an ankle or something! I tried telling him "no!" numerous times (which normally works for him), I tried putting him in time out, I tried sitting in his way so he couldn't get to the arm of the couch. He would just try climbing over my head. No matter how many times I would take him down and tell him "NO!", he would wait unil I was 10 feet away and do it again. It was exhausting. When Dietrich came through the door, I went out of it. I went for a walk and stayed gone for an hour. I just needed to get away.

My ideas:

- Yeast. We've been chelating now for 2 months using EDTA + DMSA on a weekly basis, using suppositories. Before we began this round, his OATS showed extremely high levels of yeast, so we treated with Nizoral for a month before starting chelation (and we're still using Nizoral).

-He's been off the NuThera for 2 days now because I haven't been able to order it yet. But, NuThera is just a multi - so, would it cause this much of a reaction to not be taking it??

-I've given him OoO twice since Saturday - just a few drops at a time. ?????

-Sensory input? That has nothing to do with the being tired, etc. But, the jumpping off of the couch and landing like that - kind of 'shocks' the legs and joints. I thought about this this morning, so I'm going to check into our OT benefits.

????????

No comments: