10.22.2007

sleep. what's that?

I was SO hoping Holden wouldn't have the "sleep disturbance" side effect from the MB12 shots. But, I don't think I'm going to get my wish. Last night, he was up from 2 - 4:30am, and the night before, he was up for about an hour. He doesn't get out of the bed, he just lays next to me and "talks" to himself, or touches me, or laughs, or plays. I honestly thought I was just going to have to get up this morning at 4:30am and start the day. But, just when I thought he wouldn't - he fell back to sleep and I had to wake him up at 8 this morning. He's a little crankier than usual today. And his eyes are red. He looks tired. He's napping now, finally, and I'm going to keep him up tonight until at least 9pm to see if that will help.

I refuse to stop the MB12 shots because I really feel they're making a difference with him. He's more "with us" now. He's laughing, and smiling, and looking at the camera when we take his picture. He's looking at US a lot more than he was just 2 weeks ago. He's a bit more stimmy still, and if I have to take away an object that he's stimming on, he gets really really upset - which is something he wasn't having too much trouble with before. Of course, the sleep thing is a big change for him. He's such a good sleeper, normally, so to have him waking up in the middle of the night and not going right back to sleep is a huge adjustment for us. But, I'm going to ride it out and hope that this side effect will diminish over the next month or 2. My fingers, and toes, are crossed!

No comments: