1.17.2006

Raising a boy vs. raising a girl

For some reason, I thought all babies were created equal (or at least close) up until a certain age when they all change and develop their own personalities, etc.

I'm here to tell you that that's SO not true. At least in my household. Already having Zoe and going through her 'baby' phase 6 years ago, I thought I would be prepared to do it all over again. But, with Holden, it's all soooooooo very different.

He's 9 months old now and lemme tell you. ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE. Yes, Zoe was curious and wondered and I had to chase her around. But, not like Holden. He is a little terror!! A cute one, but still. He has to get into everything. He has to know what everyone's doing. He has to know what's in every cabinet in the house.

He has to know what's on every table in the house. He has to know what the dog food taste like at least once a day. Oh, and the poor kid has fallen and hit his head so many times. Does he cry? No. He gets back up and does the same thing. I never knew how rough and tough he would be! (Zoe was so not like that as a baby). It's just amazing to me that they are so incredibly different, even as babies.

I never remember needing a baby gate to keep Zoe out of somewhere, or in somewhere else. But, folks, we are in some serious need of a few baby gates in this house. And, with him taking 2-3 steps by himself - I have a feeling the walking is just around the corner. Scary.

There's no reason to go to the gym, I'm chasing him all day long so my exercise is happening without trying. Aren't I lucky?

No comments: