4.07.2009

oprah

I was watching yesterday's Oprah last night (thank god for DVR) and it was a show on motherhood and how difficult it is. Mother's were discussing all of the things no one ever told them about being a mom. How they are always exhausted, have no time for themselves, and just how hard the "job" of motherhood really is.

I listened to the moms on the show, and I couldn't agree with them more. I think being a mom is the hardest thing I do and have ever done. I also think that having a child with autism increases that by 100%. Not only am I a mom, but I'm also my son's advocate, therapist, teacher, and nurse.

It made me wonder. If Oprah had a studio full of mom's with children on the spectrum, what would that have been like?! Because, although motherhood is incredibly tough, it's also the most rewarding experience of my life.

No comments: