4.02.2009

World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD)

Today is World Autism Awareness Day. It's really unlike every other day for our family, as we're reminded of Autism...every. single. day. But today, I don't feel as alone because I know there are so many families uniting together to bring more awareness to Autism. I have made a choice to devote myself to the cause, to raising awareness, to helping people understand the disorder, to finding a cure. I pray that my son will be one of the lucky ones who recover from Autism. If he does, I know that I will never give up fighting for other children and families who suffer. If he doesn't ... Well, I won't say "if he doesn't", because I will never give up on his recovery.

Support WAAD. If you know someone who has a child with Autism, or is affected themselves - show compassion today.

No comments: