7.05.2007

blood test results

So, I thought I had already posted about this, but apparently my pregnancy mind is out of wack - surprise, surprise.

We got Holden's blood test results back end of last week. We haven't spoken to the doctor yet about them, his appointment is Friday, the 13th. So, we'll really find out what they all mean at that time.

But, from what I can gather and what Dr. Google has said - his results weren't good. Which, in reality, this is the one time that I'm all for his test results being "bad". Why? Because it means that there's a reason for things. Now I have proof that his natural ability to detox is just not there. Which means that he's full of toxins. Which means that we can actually DO something about it, and hope that it increases his ability to learn and focus and progress.

His ammonia levels are high. Dr. Berger thought they might be. He said this would explain the "spaciness", and cloudiness he displays. For his metabolic panel, he had low levels of 2 out of 3 things his body needs to detox. He's low in sulfate and glutathione. His regular blood tests showed low levels of a few things, and increased levels of others. When I google those things and autism - he's pretty much text book for things he's "off" on. He does have extremely high levels of zinc, which is strange. Normally, kids on the spectrum have a zinc deficiency. So, I'm not sure what that's about. I'm sure we'll get more clarification next Friday at his appointment. And then we'll learn what the next step is in his treatment plan.

In other news, 4th of July was pretty much rained out for us. No fireworks, except for the one's the neighbors set off outside. Zoe was happy with that, though, so that was good. I went for my weekly NST this morning. Everything's good with the baby so far. On Tuesday, I'll be 34 weeks and have to have NST's twice a week, which is hard with 2 other little one's and a husband that needs to go to work everyday. But, somehow, we'll make it work. We always do.

No comments: